HVAC Installer Job Description
Nebraska Heating and Air is an HVAC contractor that has been serving the commercial, institutional and industrial markets in Central City, Nebraska since 2005. We pursue complex projects, and we work hard to earn our customer's trust and respect. We prefer to partner with a short list of clients, meaning we're constantly pursuing repeat business with the same teams. If you share this vision, we'd love to hear from you!
We currently have openings for HVAC Apprentices to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity for anyone currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from a HVAC program! If you're motivated and interested in training for a successful career as a skilled tradesman in a well-paid and stable industry, we want to hear from you!
As a HVAC Apprentice, you will be in the field with senior HVAC Technicians working on a variety of heating and cooling systems. As you assist them, they will mentor and train you on everything from: How to talk with customers to how to properly install and maintain equipment.
Pay: $15.00/hr, plus benefits
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Holidays & PTO
Work Hours: Typically 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday through Friday, overtime as required
- Install Ductwork and equipment
- Uses technical abilities to maintain systems.
- Works in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Must work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are taken at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work overtime, on-call and weekends required.
- Previous experience in the HVAC trade is helpful, but we will train the right candidate
- EPA Certified or willingness to obtain
- Punctual with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- A commitment to provide top-notch customer service
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Ability to pass drug background screens
- Commitment to ongoing training and personal development
- Familiarity with basic hand tools
- Be able to carry and lift 50 pounds, access confined spaces, and climb tall ladders
- Technical aptitude to perform maintenance, service, and troubleshoot equipment
- Good Electrical and Mechanical Diagnostic Skills
- Ability to complete repairs and required paperwork
- Ability to work independently and self-schedule
- Self-motivated to complete assigned tasks within time constraints
- Driven to succeed and able to work with minimum supervision
- Periodically ‘on call’ for service coverage